Saturday, July 22, 2006

please I must show this movie to someone

Update to the list of movies that made me cry:
1. Bent
2. Rain

"Sommersturm" made me want to die. I've never felt as connected with an actor as I did with "Tobi." It's not that our situations were similar, but I felt everything the character felt and I wanted to hug him SO BAD.

NEWEST ADDITION: NaPolA (aka Before the Fall)

This movie shattered my world. No joke. History is written by the winners, and I have waited FOREVER for something like this. It did not disappoint. It was beautiful and tragic and everything a movie should be. I wept like a child at this, especially during the Lake Scene. And with Segfried on the Grenade Range. Favorite scenes: hunting the prisoners (with Albrecht and the Russian), the bathroom scene.

It helped that the main characters were gorgeous, but that didn't make the movie. The writing and the acting did.

Please, someone, please let me show this to you. Someone. I feel like I MUST pass this on. It was beautiful. And Sommersturm. I must show that to someone as well. Please, say you'll watch it.

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, July 30, 2006, Blogger Hydronium Ion said...

I will watch these movies with you, Kate. I apologize for the delay. I have been at camp all week. Death to 9 and 10 year olds with make-up.

 
At 12:23 AM, August 02, 2006, Blogger The Artist Formerly Known As "Katherine" said...

That makes me very happy. The movies will not make you happy, but they do move you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home