Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm so in love with this it's almost scary

Oh. My. God. There are very few movies that affect me the way this one did. Previous titles of note:
1. Band of Brothers
2. Bent
3. Yossi & Jagger
4. Prisoner of the Mountains

Maybe one or two more that I can't think of right now, but that proves that they probably weren't as important as the ones I can remember.

"Summersturm" (2004) has affirmed my hope in humanity, although that will probably be doused tomorrow by the prevailing cynicism of the expanding lower-middle class that pervades society. I only wish I had the subtitles, because the version of the movie I have has only the original German. You don't need the subtitles to understand the whole point of the movie, or even the content of many scenes, but they would enhance my love of the movie, and that's saying something.

I would learn German just to understand this movie. It is that good and breaks my heart into a billion little pieces. See it NOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home